With specialist work such as coastal defence, a very experienced workforce is employed and fully committed to meeting the high standards of professionalism and image that is demanded on a coastal defence project.
The following practices were noted on a coastal site visit, where it is not practical to utilise hoarding to create a professional image:
- Machinery and vehicles had clearly defined parking areas and were protected when on the beach;
- High levels of hygiene and cleanliness were regularly covered at toolbox talks;
- The office was surrounded by salvaged materials and plants etc. forming an excellent display and the overall appearance met with the seaside environment;
- To enhance and promote professionalism and high standards when work on the beach was carried out, a full time beach master was employed;
- Over the years a convoy system for lorries and dumper trucks was introduced to reduce dust and impact, and the system was amended to suit the site and local circumstances;
- Due to the location and its sensitivity, limited opportunities exist for displaying corporate identity and branding, so an excellent site specific website was used to communicate and provide project and contact information.
To view the website, please click below.