With the Managing Director growing up in New Zealand, he is keen to share his cultural experiences with all the workforce, Grounding or Earthing is something that he recommends and recently after further research the company decided to promote this across the business.
Earthing or Grounding is where you put your body in direct and uninterrupted contact with the earth. This means that skin needs to touch soil, sand, water, or a conductive surface that is in contact with the earth.
From a scientific perspective, the idea is that the earth has a mild negative charge to it. Many on the Tour de France have used an earthing recovery bag to speed recovery and increase sleep quality whilst competing. Various Olympic swimmers, runners, and triathletes have reported using Earthing and various professional athletes have used Earthing methods as well.
New studies also show that grounding positively affects the inflammatory response and the immune system, which could have far-reaching health benefits including:
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing chronic pain
- Improving sleep
- Increasing energy
- Lowering stress and promoting calmness by reducing stress hormones
- Normalising biological rhythms including circadian rhythm
- Normalising blood pressure and blood flow
- Relieving muscle tension and headaches
- Improving menstrual and female hormone symptoms
- Speeds healing-used in some places to prevent bed sores
- Reducing jet lag
- Protecting the body from effects of EMFs
- Shortening recovery time from injury or athletic activity
- Reducing snoring
- Helping support adrenal health
The benefits of Earthing/Grounding have been provided to all operatives and office based employees, with maps provided to their nearest park or recommended grounding area. In most cases it is free to go outside and spend some time barefoot. Spending time barefoot has many benefits, so there isn’t really a downside. For those who can’t or don’t want to spend time outdoors, they can accomplish some of the same results indoors. There are various products to make indoor grounding easy such as earthing mats or sheets.
To find out more, click the link below.
Monitor report. Crofton Interiors. Cambridge. October 2019.