The issue of modern slavery is an enduring challenge faced by the construction industry. With often complex and evolving supply chains, construction can be seen as an easy target for those wishing to take advantage of individuals who find themselves in a situation that makes them vulnerable to illegal practices. Multiplex recognises the importance of the industry coming together in a collaborative manner to face this challenge while recognising the value in developing an integrated approach in order to eradicate modern slavery in its many forms.
To that end, Multiplex have partnered with Stronger Together to host a workshop at our University of Glasgow project, looking at how the industry can prevent the often devastating outcomes associated with slavery conditions.
Stronger Together are a business-led multi-stakeholder initiative aiming to reduce modern slavery. Providing guidance, free resources and a network for employers, suppliers, sub-contractors and labour providers.
The results of the training was that delegates being able to:
- Understand how modern slavery occurs in the construction sector: the potential risks, impacts and the business case for tackling it
- Know how to spot that someone may be being exploited and how to respond
- Be confident in their next steps to deter, detect and deal with modern slavery in your business
- Be familiar with creating a strategic framework for tackling slavery in global supply chains
- Have the tools needed to implement what was learnt.
To find out more, click the link below.