Interactive Incident/ Near Miss Animations
What it is
- Interactive video detailing the incident/ near miss that occurred, why it happened, and the key lessons learnt.
- This video is produced following a LL critical incident (Can be a near miss rather than LTI or RIDDOR).
- The video is distributed to other LL sites and to the trades to ensure the same mistakes are not made again.
Why we used it
- When an incident or near miss occurs the lessons learnt are not always passed across the site/ other projects suitably.
- Health and safety reports can sometimes be too difficult to understand/ communicate effectively.
Was it Successful?
- The videos have formed part of site briefings to new trades coming to site.
- The most recent video has been particularly effective for educating those using bespoke lifting equipment in the basement where a lack of temporary works expertise can sometimes cause issues.
- The videos have been praised as easy to understand and clear in there outcomes.
The Next Steps
- The videos will form a database for all projects to use.
- KGX1 will utilise the latest video to ensure new trades are brought up to speed with recent near misses.
- Further videos will be produced as an when required.
Entry submitted by Lendlease